Monday, October 29, 2007

lost poem


lost poem
Originally uploaded by indistinct


I was at the library, I was leafing through a volume and found this at the back. Something within me resonated as I went over the words. Tears sprung to my eyes as I stood in the aisle.

My thoughts were drawn back into the treatment centre I had gone to. Sitting in group, sharing feelings, discovering emotions that I had buried. My tears, their tears. We learned to be honest, as truthful as we knew how, and somehow we were joined.

I brood over how many people are there that struggle with addiction. With pain they won't try to understand. Then I realize that I get to be a representative for God. I get to share my experience and my hope. I get to be a glimmer of sunshine for some other. We are not alone.

A friend from another blog said that when we get sobriety, we get all of life. It is so true. The gift of standing in a library, tears in my face, is priceless. Thank you for my sobriety.

2 comments:

Namenlosen Trinker said...

A truly beautiful picture, even apart from the content. Did you take it?

indistinct said...

Thank you, I did take the photo. (even though the flower was staged!) ;)