Thursday, November 8, 2007

Simpleness


Simpleness
Originally uploaded by indistinct
The last couple of days I've felt restless, irritable, and discontented. As I was driving to a meeting last night, I was thinking that maybe a different meeting, a different sponsor, a different anything might help me. With all this stuff spinning in my head, one would think that the alarm bells would go off. That I might notice something is askew. Even when my sponsor asked me if everything was okay, I just gave him the affirmative, I thought I was being honest.

I did notice this morning, as I followed my morning routine. God brought it to my attention. My higher power reminded me to breath. Sit still. Be calm. As I wrote in my journal, I could see the truth about what was going on. That my thinking is following old patterns.

Honesty, openness, and willingness. Simple tools with deep results.

Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us -- sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them. The big book, page 84


Thank you

No comments: