Wednesday, March 5, 2008

An open letter to Micky

Hi Micky,

I came to my blog today and found that you had left some comments for me on my latest entry. I was interested in what you had to say. I have much to learn about living life and am very interested in how other people have relationships with God.

Instead of finding your personal comments, I find that you have hi-jacked the comment section, cutting and pasting a bunch a stuff in there that was not at all helpful to me. I felt hurt and confused.

When I look around my small portion of the world, I see many struggling with addictions and other issues. I imagine your struggles with living are no different than anyone elses. I saw hints of child abuse in your past, signs that you've been hurt and are continuing to be hurt even as an adult. I have no idea on how to help, you or any others. I am powerless. Each day I pray for those that God has placed on my heart, I place them in God's hands and pray that God's will would be done for them. I pray the same prayer for you.

I have no desire for my blog to be used as a posting board for others. I have deleted your comments and enabled comment moderation to attempt to prevent that from happening again.

Christ spoke of loving God and loving your neighbour as the most important commandments. I'm sure that means different things to different people. I imagine loving my neighbours as being like the golden rule. To treat others as I want to be treated.

I try to do that, one day at a time. I stuggle with doing that. My own fears and self-centeredness get in the way often. I'll keep on trying to respect others.

Sincerly,

Indistinct.

4 comments:

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

I'm sorry that you've had an encounter with Micky. It seems to be an unfortunate rite of passage in recovery blogging. Many of us have experienced hurtful or just hurting and sick comments from him. It sounds like you are taking care of yourself while showing him a lot of compassion. Beautiful.

pat said...

Well said. We have all had this experience with this person.

dAAve said...

Well said.

Texaco said...

Well that was gorgeous.

His attacks actually made me laugh, though. Particularly the "agents of Satan" thing.

I regularly walk into meetings not and hold my hands out like I'm holding a Glock G34 and say, "Agent of Satan! Put your hands on your head!"

I've been seen by a professional. He laughed too.