Wednesday, July 9, 2008

glimpses of sunlight

From the twelve and twelve, step 11, page 105:

Perhaps one of the greatest rewards of meditation and prayer is the sense of belonging that comes to us. We no longer live in a completely hostile world. We are no longer lost and frightened and purposeless. The moment we catch even a glimpse of God's will, the moment we begin to see truth, justice, and love as the real and eternal things in life, we are no longer deeply disturbed by all the seeing evidence to the contrary that surrounds us in purely human affairs. We know that God lovingly watches over us. We know that when we turn to Him, all will be well with us, here and hereafter.


My usual imagining of the future are not bright and rosy. The world I see in my mind often has unhappy endings, with me being powerless to control any of it. My thoughts leaving me full of self-pity, anger, fearfulness. I have often thought of the world as being hostile. I'm beginning to understand now when people say "our thoughts will kill us"

Truth, justice and love. the real and eternal things in life. Imagining this, a little bit, each day. Baby steps.

1 comment:

dirtydishes said...

Knowing that God lovingly watches over me gets through each day.