Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A selfish program

I could never understand my partner's feelings around my attendance of meetings. AA has saved my life and is slowly changing me. It's also a source of conflict in our home. Not big, but I feel it's always there. Don't get me wrong, my partner is very supportive, loving and caring. She believed in me where others could not. We both had tears in our eyes at my two year cake. Gratitude for the changes in our lives. I've hurt her deeply in the past and the best amend I can make to her is to keep on being sober, working my program to the best of my ability. But she still carries some hurt.

I stumbled upon a blog entry titled "It's all about me" by Cat. I understand my partner better after reading that. It well explains the frustration my spouse feels. We had a good conversation around the changed dynamics of our household.

If you like, take a read at Cat's blog. Thank you, Cat.

2 comments:

Cat said...

I think the best part of 'my recovery' from co-dependence is the blog community I have learned so much from. the feedback and wisdom from people who have been there before myself and my husband have helped more than I ever would have imagined. I very much appreciate the link and the kind comments and now that I know where your blog is, I am looking forward to coming by to visit again. Cat

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Thanks for pointing out that post. I read Cat's blog but missed that one somehow. I feel some of the same things around my husband's program. I may need to do a post of my own someday around my own negative feelings about my recovery.