Friday, October 31, 2008

I wanna be strong.


At last nights cake, someone gave a 5 year cake. As she shared about her sobriety she spoke that she was not feeling strong. Then she said the program wasn't about strength, it was about trust and expressed gratitude that she didn't feel strong.

Trust, not strength.

A daily reprieve based on our spiritual condition.

Trust.

Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

Trust.

Photo Credit: alicepopkorn

9 comments:

Cat said...

Wonderful post. Trust is what I find this is all about.

Cat

JubilantOne said...

I like it! Thanks for the great post.

Shadow said...

mmmm, trust not strength. haven't heard that before...

Laura said...

It's what life is really all about. Trusting, even when we don't understand, don't have the strength or simply don't feel like it.

It takes the weight off of us....

You know I love your writings.

Lou said...

Very nicely expressed.

TraceyBaby said...

This is really great and so true. Goes for OA as well.

Trust in God=Faith

So key.

dAAve said...

that's it.

Annette said...

What a comforting post. Yes, trust! If I have to rely on my own strength, then I am in big trouble!
Thanks for sharing this with us.

Just Another Sober Guy said...

Trust, faith, accpetance.... strengthens my spiritual condition.

Great share!

PEACE