Monday, November 10, 2008

A grandson


A daughter of ours gave birth to a 8 lb, 10 oz, baby boy, early on the weekend. Both Mom and the baby are doing well. Dad is right there in the thick of things, that is so heart warming. Our second grandchild.

The only sad part is that I came down with a cold on Friday. Quit a nasty one, laid me up most of the weekend. The sad part is that Ihaven't seen the baby yet. Wanting to hold that little bundle in my hands, to gaze upon his face, to get to know him. To listen to his cries, to feel him wriggle around, so see his deep blue eyes and inch long hair. His mom told me he's feeding well and can pee and poop with the best of them. Already, I'm in love with this child and I haven't even seen him yet. A few more days, and the cold will be gone, and then I'll pop over for a visit.


Thank you, Patty, for the award and the supportive comments. Patty has been encouraging me since I started blogging just over a year ago and it's been a slice to watch her grow and change. She is a pretty amazing person. Our blogging community is all about WE.

Photo Credit: Kudaker

13 comments:

Shadow said...

wow! congratulations, granddad!!!! so little and they melt ones heart without a word or deed....

Kathy Lynne said...

CONGRATULATIONS AND BLESSINGS!!

Laura said...

Oh, congratulations to you and yours! I think it's the very best part of life, the gift of grands. My second one will be born in March, Lord willing.

Get well and go love him up!

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Congratulations on the birth of your new grandchild! I hope you are feeling better and able to hold him soon. :)

PRAYER GIRL said...

Congratulations grandma!

What a blessing.

Prayers to you, your daughter, the proud papa, and baby.

Cat said...

Congrats & feel better soon!!!
Cat

Heather said...

Congratulations, Hank!! Enjoy the new baby smell...there's nothing quite like it.

pat said...

Congrats Grandpop.

Just Another Sober Guy said...

CONGRATS! There is nothing more miraculous than the birth of a child. The thing I can think of that comes closest is the rebirth we can find when we need it most!

Thanks for sharin!

PEACE

Patty said...

WE for sure. Congrats on being a Grandpa! That sounds like one healthy robust baby, what a blessing. Kimmy is doing well, I just saw her at home group. I will tell her that you were asking of her, maybe she will come back and join us here in bloggerdom some time. Also, I meant every word I said, I feel like you a true friend found in sobriety.

Lou said...

Maybe we could have a kinda hidden pic of the baby with those hats they put on them in the hospital.
I love those!

Sophie in the Moonlight said...

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

Congratulations!! When you can, give that sweet baby extra kisses from all of us.

recoveryroad said...

Yay! Congratulations. Seems babes are popping out everywhere at the mo!