Thursday, July 23, 2009

New Direction


From the chapter titled "Working With Others" comes this promise:

Both you and the new man must walk day by day in the path of spiritual progress. If you persist, remarkable things will happen. When we look back, we realize that the things which came to us when we put ourselves in God's hands were better than anything we could have planned. Follow the dictates of a Higher Power and you will presently live in a new and wonderful world, no matter what your present circumstances! (page 100, Alcoholics Anonymous)


The passage says it all. I am so thankful I am sober and clean today. That the emotion bing I've been on the past weeks seems to have subsided. That I am resting in God's hands. That I find myself in the company of many who are on the same journey. Thank you for your caring, support and prayers.

I'm off camping the next week or so. Going to go play in the waves with my children and grandchildren. I'm hoping to make it fun for them.

Take care

Photo credit: j philipson

2 comments:

Syd said...

Enjoy camping. Being in nature is a great way to clear my head. Enjoy it all.

sarah said...

hope your time away with your family was the best. Glad to hear you're living life and not running from it anymore. I get that. I've been there too. Sarah