Thursday, November 18, 2010

Malady

We began to see that the world and its people really dominated us. In that stte, the wrong-doing of others, fancied or real, had power to actually kill. How cold we escape? We saw that these resentments must be mastered, but how? We cold not wish them away any more than alcohol.

This was our course: We realized that the people who wronged us were perhaps spiritually sick. . . . We avoid retaliation or argument. (Alcoholics Anonymous, 66-67)


One morning I'm feeling on top of the world, the next morning I sit here full of anger, fear, and self-pity. Feeling trapped and hopeless. Same feelings I carried as a child. Same stuff exactly. When these feelings take charge, I get that good ol' lonely feeling. I am grateful they are only feelings, that they will pass. That there will be a resolve to the issues that are occuring. That I will reconnect with the people around me. I don't have to drink because I hurt. Just trust and reach out.

Just for today.

1 comment:

Annette said...

I love the big book! I have been struggling with some angry feelings the past month or so and it has had me all churned up. I keep going back to these types of reminders from my program but I haven't seem to be able to be totally victorious yet. Thank you for yet another reminder.